Blog Archive

Thursday, December 27, 2012

{The Snow Queen}

I had such a fun, fabulous, incredible session with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Paula Watts, this past weekend. Paula and I have known each other over 20 years and our friendship goes way back. I remember going to heavy metal clubs and chasing down hair bands (The Black Crowes) with her and her sister, Celeste. It makes me chuckle to reminisce about those days and a little sad with how long ago it has been. Sometimes it feels like it was yesterday. Since then we have married and had children of our own. I will always hold on to those times because they hold such a special place in my heart.

Paula's daughter, Emmy is the the Snow Queen in the Nutcracker for the studio she dances for. When I was asked to photograph her Emmy in her costume I was thrilled! This was the very first time I have ever captured images of a ballerina! We had such a great time and I was excited to get so many great photographs for my dear friend. I was especially excited when I saw all of the gorgeous costumes that Emmy brought with her to the session. Five costumes in all! What I was worried about the most was the possibility of ruining her toe shoes. But Emmy assured me that this session was more or less a "trash the shoes" session too. Thank goodness she was getting a new pair because after an hour and a half of posing and leaping the shoes were ruined!

Thank you Paula and Emmy for such a great session and giving this old "Crowe" the opportunity!  I look forward to working with you again this spring! XOXOXO




















No comments: