Blog Archive

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Awesomesauce Winter Challenge - Week 12 Back lighting with Flash

This week's challenge was very frustrating for me.  It has been a long time since I have used artificial lighting and I pretty much have to relearn everything that I have forgotten.  I received a brand new backdrop from a contest I had won earlier in the year.  I had it sitting in my garage unopened.  Since this week's challenge was supposed to be at night and it was entirely too cold outside to give this challenge a go, I decided to do this challenge inside with artificial lighting from an adjacent window and the flash behind my subject.  It was difficult.  I don't know what was harder; getting the exposure correct or getting my 6 year old daughter to sit still long enough for some images.  The end results were fun and although not all these images are using back light, I did love the effects that the window light and the backdrop created.







No comments: