Blog Archive

Monday, November 26, 2012

{Weekly Winter Challenge} | Week 1 - Thankful

In order to stay focused on my photography over the long winter months, I have joined a weekly challenge over at Photography Awesomesauce.  The Awesomesauce Winter Challenge will focus on getting us photogs out there and practicing our craft on a weekly basis.  Every week there will be a different theme.   This week's theme was "Thankful".  Below is my interpretation of what I am thankful for and the short story behind this photo:

This photograph is just a representation of what I am thankful for. (Of course I am thankful for the obvious; my family, my husband and daughter, our health, and our jobs that allow us to provide for our family). I am also thankful for this gift that God has so blessed me with and the love for it that burns inside of me every day. This camera is what defines me...it is who I am, what I want to be, it is an outlet for every creative bone I have within me. I want to push myself to be a better photographer, I want to learn all there is to know, and strive for perfection. I am thankful for ALL of the photographers I have met and befriended along the way. I am thankful for all that they have taught me and continue to teach me! I am thankful that I have found this glorious path, rough patches and all and I look forward to where it will lead!

No comments: